Financial Services, OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets and Control) Bank Secrecy Laws and Money-Laundering Compliance and Litigation
Skilled and certified anti-money-laundering attorneys, consultants and litigators, Diaz Reus represents banks, traditional and non-traditional financial institutions, government entities and officials, and private individuals in OFAC, bank secrecy laws, and money-laundering matters.
Our international financial services clients span the globe, from China to the Middle East, Latin America, and the United States, and include banks, money transmitters, Casas de Cambios, and Hawalas. Our global network of international attorneys and affiliates coordinate responses to U.S. and foreign government inquiries and investigations and collaborate to ensure detection and prevention of regulatory violations.
Diaz Reus international attorneys frequently serve as speakers at national and international conferences on banking and anti-money-laundering issues, and have authored numerous articles on international financial services and money-laundering investigations.
Our skilled counsel for our international financial services clients includes:
- Consulting and advice on OFAC, bank secrecy laws and other relevant money-laundering prevention and control regulations.
- Due-diligence inspections and banking operations analysis to determine potential money-laundering risks.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive money-laundering prevention systems.
- Representing banks and international financial institutions before regulatory agencies, providing defense against civil fines, cease-and-desist orders, injunctions, and other regulatory actions.
- Providing spirited defense and litigation support in civil and criminal forfeiture actions as well as criminal money-laundering and administrative prosecutions before all courts, regulatory and investigatory bodies in all international and domestic jurisdictions.