Michael Diaz, Jr.
Founding & Global Managing Partner
100 S.E. Second Street, Suite 3400
Miami, Florida 33131
- Appeals and Trial Support
- Asset Forfeiture
- Athlete Representation
- Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights, Asset Collections, and Liquidation Proceedings | International and U.S. Law
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Compliance, Customs, Banking, and Regulatory Investigations
- Corporate Formation and Maintenance
- Corporate Investigations, Statutory or Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Services, OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets and Control)
- Fraud and Asset Recovery | International and U.S. Law
- Government and Internal Corporate Investigations
- Immigration | Business and Family | International and U.S. Law
- Intellectual Property, Trademark and Copyright | International and U.S. Law
- International Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights, Asset Collections, and Liquidation Proceedings
- International Government Relations
- International Tax
- Litigation and Arbitration | International and U.S. Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions | International and U.S. Law
- Real Estate: Commercial and Residential | International and U.S. Law
- U.S. Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights, Asset Collections and Liquidation Proceedings
- White-Collar Criminal Defense | International and U.S. Law
- J. D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 1986
- B.B.A. in International Finance, University of Miami, School of Business, 1983
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals of New York
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Dubai International Financial Center
Professional & Community Leadership
- Cuban American Bar Association, Former President, Director, and Officer
- International Bar Association
- International Association of Lawyers and Professional Advisors, Member, White Collar Crime Committee
- National and Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida International Bankers Association
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Latin and Venezuelan-American Chambers of Commerce
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
Michael Diaz, Jr.
Founding & Global Managing Partner
Michael Diaz, Jr. is the founding and global managing partner of Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP where he concentrates on advising and representing clients in domestic and international legal disputes, high stakes transactions, cross-border negotiations, arbitrations, and civil and criminal investigations and trials.
Mr. Diaz’s clients are typically high profile individuals, foreign governments and their officials, Fortune 1000 multinational corporations, and financial institutions. He represents his clients in joint ventures, sophisticated mergers, acquisitions, and deal making where he is deeply experienced in domestic and international trade, customs, finance, and banking. Additionally, he counsels on preventative litigation strategy and conducts parallel investigations in complex, high-stakes regulatory and compliance matters including instances of financial fraud, international asset recoveries, and white-collar crimes.
A skilled litigator, trial lawyer, and arbiter with over 27 years of experience advising clients, trying cases, and negotiating complex civil and criminal disputes, Mr. Diaz is also a Certified Anti-money Laundering Specialist. While acting as special counsel on behalf of U.S. receivers, financial institutions, and individual victims of financial fraud, his sophisticated asset recovery techniques have netted millions of dollars of stolen proceeds. Among his notable cases of money laundering and public corruption in Latin America are the investigation and defense of Montesinos, Aleman/Jerez, Casablanca, and Rosemont. Notable U.S. Ponzi scheme cases include Madoff and Stanford.
Mr. Diaz is qualified to represent clients before all U.S. administrative and governmental agencies, arbitral bodies, U.S. state, federal, and appellate courts, and frequently serves as advisory co-counsel outside the United States in international litigation and arbitration matters.
He is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys and has earned ongoing recognition from his peers, maintaining an AV-rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review rankings for many years.
Born in Havana, Cuba, Mr. Diaz graduated from the Business School at the University of Miami in 1983, earning an undergraduate degree in International Finance.
In 1986, Mr. Diaz graduated with honors from the University of Miami School of Law. While at the University of Miami, he served as Associate Editor of the Inter-American Law Review, and was recognized for his trial advocacy skills receiving the “Order of the Barrister” National Excellence Award from the Wig and Robe Society.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Diaz served as an Assistant State Attorney in the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office from 1986 to 1990 for the Honorable Janet Reno, former U.S. Attorney General and Miami-Dade State Attorney. During his tenure as a prosecutor, Mr. Diaz became a Division Chief, where he primarily investigated and prosecuted corruption, economic, and major crimes cases including highly publicized homicide cases such as the Julia Tuttle Causeway Lovers Lane Double Murders and the Murder of Rookie Miami Police Officer, Nathaniel Broom.
In 1990, Mr. Diaz joined and later became a named Partner in an AV-rated international litigation firm where he litigated complex financial and international money laundering cases. In 1998, he founded Diaz Reus & Targ, also earning the distinction as a Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated law firm.
Recognized by Business Week Magazine in a feature article for his work on behalf of victims of financial fraud, Mr. Diaz is often sought after by media publications throughout the world as source for background and comment on both international legal and business issues. In addition, he is a frequent guest lecturer and contributor at international legal and banking seminars. Mr. Diaz was selected among the top international experts in the anti-money laundering field to join the faculty of the first graduate level course on “Money Laundering Prevention” at the University of Salamanca, sponsored by the Latin-American Banking Federation. He is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, registered with the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists.
Mr. Diaz serves on Inter-American Dialogue’s Board of Advisors, Latin America Advisor—Financial Services, regularly contributes articles to legal periodicals and trade journals around the world, and is a contributing author to books such as: “The Cubans, the History of Cuba in One Lesson,” Interamerican Institute for Democracy, 2012; “Aspatore Special Report: Understanding Anti-Corruption Issues in Latin America,” Thomson Reuters, 2011; and, “Violencia, Criminalidad y Terrorismo,” (“Violence, Criminality and Terrorism”) Foundation for a Positive Venezuela. He is the author of the Latin American Overview and Colombian sections of the International Comparative Guide to Business Crime 2014 edition, published by the Global Legal Group, London.
Mr. Diaz is also frequently acknowledged for his legal skills, most recently having been named to the Top 50 Attorneys Specializing in Latin America by the online magazine, Latinvex. He was an honored 2012 Top Lawyer, and Diaz Reus a Top Law Firm, as designated by the South Florida Legal Guide. This past year Mr. Diaz held the distinction of the Most Influential Hispanic Attorney In Miami, awarded by Poder Hispanic, and named a top 50 Latin America’s Legal Stars of 2012 by the Latin Business Chronicle.
• Top Lawyers 2013, International Law, South Florida Legal Guide
• Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013
• Florida SuperLawyer, 2006-2014
• Most Effective Lawyer, International Law Category, 2011, Daily Business Review
• 100 Latinos Miami, 2011, Fundacion Fusionarte of Spain
• Top 30 Lawyers in Latin America, 2010, Latin Business Chronicle
• Top Entrepreneurs of Florida, 2010, Hispanic Target Magazine
• Attorney of the Year, 2010, Banca & Finanza Magazine
• High Impact Leader, Florida Trend Magazine for Global Affairs
• Key Partner Award Nominee, South Florida Business Journal
• 2009 Business Leader of the Year, for legal services
• "Power Players," South Florida Business Leader Magazine, for his work representing victims of fraud, pyramid, and Ponzi schemes
In addition to leading a successful law firm expansion to include 16 global offices, Mr. Diaz formerly served as President, Director, and Officer of the Cuban American Bar Association. He is a Member of the International Bar Association, International Association of Lawyers and Professional Advisors, Miami International Arbitration Society, American Bar Association, White Collar Crime Committee, National and Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association, Florida International Bankers Association, and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists.
Mr. Diaz is an active board member of several civic and philanthropic organizations where he is recognized for the many charitable contributions that he and his firm make in support of various youth, health, community, and social causes.
Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Latin Finance, The Latin American India Investors Forum, Mumbai, India, November 2011
- Speaker, Inaugural ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Finance Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa, November 2011
- Presenter, “Los tratados de libre comercio en LatinoAmerica y el Caribe, su contribución a la armonización del derecho mercantil en la región,” XI Encuentro Internacional: Escuela de Verana de la Habana Sobre Derecho Internacional Privado y Mercantil Internacional. Seminar sponsored by the Union Nacional de Juristas de Cuba (National Union of Cuban Jurist), Havana, Cuba, June 2011
- Panelist, “How to Integrate Fraud and AML to Protect the Bank,” 11th Annual FIBA Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Conference, Miami, Florida, February 2011
- Panelist, “Conducting Internal Fraud Investigations & Related Issues” and “Foreign Corrupt Practices Act – A 21st Century Perspective,” ACCA’s 2010 South Florida In-House Counsel CLE Conference, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, September 2010
- Panelist, “Colombia Post-Uribe: Predicting the Impact on Business,” WorldCity Global Connections, Coral Gables, Florida, June 2010
- Speaker, “Los cruces entre el lavado de dinero y los fraudes financieros, esquemas Pirámides, Ponzi y otros, las mejores practicas y controles para evitar siendo victimas.” Marcus Evans Conferencia de Prevención y Mitigación de Fraude en la Empresa, Ciudad de México, Marzo 2010
- Panel Speaker, “Unfair commercial practices: is there effective consumer protection?” Madrid Conference, International Bar Association, Madrid, Spain, October 2009.
- Speaker, “Anatomy of a Ponzi Scheme” at the V Conferencia Internacional “Antilavado de Dinero y Contra el Financiamiento al Terrorismo,” Caracas, Venezuela, July 2009
- Speaker, "Forfeiture of a Bank's Assets and How Financial Institutions Can Protect Themselves," 9th Annual FIBA AML Compliance Conference, Miami, Florida, February 2009
- Speaker, “The Legal Risks of Doing Business in Latin America for UAE Investors,” Latin Finance Conference, The Latin-American Mid East Investors Forum, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, February 2009
- Presenter, “International Anti-Suit Injunctions and Arbitrations,” The Third Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Alternative Resolution, LexisNexis, Beijing, China
- Presenter, “Doing Business in the Middle-East,” Middle-East Conference, Business Information Asia, Singapore
- Presenter, Middle-East North-Africa International Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing Conference and Exhibition, ACAMS, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Keynote Speaker at the First China Latin America Business Summit, Chinese Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Santiago, Chile
- Speaker, “When to litigate, when to mediate, and when to arbitrate?” 2nd Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Resolution, “Smartly Using Alternative Resolutions to Boost the Bottom Line of Your International Business,” LexisNexis, Shanghai, China
- Presenter, “Corruption and Terrorism: Risks and Challenges of the XXI Century,” 2d International Conference, Florida International University, Latin American Caribbean Center, Miami, Florida
- Presenter, Florida International University, Center for International Business Education & Research (CIBER), College of Business Administration, First Annual Professional Development in International Business Program
- Instructor, “Money Laundering Prevention,” Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
- Presenter, Fifth Annual Latin-American Money Laundering Conference, San José, Costa Rica
- Presenter, Ninth Annual Money Laundering Conference, Miami Beach, Florida
- Presenter, Annual Educational Conference, American Judges Association, Montreal, Canada
- 2014 Trade Americas & ConnectAmericas Expo Miami Boasts High Impact
- Trade Americas Expo: Building the Americas: Infrastructure Trends for the Next Decade in the Americas
- Seijas v. Republic of Argentina: Additional bondholders seek order forcing payment
- The top Bolivian Anti-corruption Chief official that extorted Diaz Reus client, Humberto Roca, faces federal prison time
- Venezuela Sees Lawsuit Dismissed Under FSIA
- Former Chief Judge Juan Ramirez, Jr. Forges Strategic Alliance with International Law Firm Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP
- Stunning Victory for Diaz Reus Attorneys: New York District Court Dismisses $400 Million Expropriation Claim Against Venezuelan Government
- Diaz Reus Recognized by Greater Miami Chamber, Capturing the International Business Leadership Award for Business Excellence
- New Bolivian Charges Against Former Aerosur Head Mirror Those in Extortion Case
- Miami Arrest of Bolivian Anti-Corruption Head Vindicates Former Aerosur Owner, Says Attorney Michael Diaz Jr.
- Diaz Reus Ranked in Top 35 International Law Firms in Latin America
- Florida Supreme Court Rules International Sex Case Will be Tried in the United States
- Trade Américas Expo, Miami, Florida, June 20-21, 2013
- PEMEX Files Suit to Recover $160 Million in Bribery Case
- DIAZ REUS & TARG Named 2013 Cross Border Transaction Advisor of the Year by Finance Monthly
- JUDGE UPHOLDS U.S. AUTOMOBILE DEALERS IN FRAUD AND CONSPIRACY LAWSUIT AGAINST INDIAN TRUCK MANUFACTURER MAHINDRA
- Financier Worldwide: Weighing the Opportunities and Risks of Project Financing in Iraq
- Understanding Risks of Investing in Iraq Key to Success
- Financial Fraud Law Report: Financial Fraud Victims May Benefit from Swiss Bank's Disclosures
- Forbes India: Why Mahindra’s Pick Up Truck Foray in the US Failed
- U.S. AUTOMOBILE DEALERS SUE INDIAN TRUCK MANUFACTURER FOR FRAUD AND CONSPIRACY
- Tackling Internal Fraud: Weeding Out The Enemy Within
- DIAZ REUS Selected Winner of Three 2012 Corporate LiveWire Global Awards
- TOP US LAW FIRM OPENS OFFICES IN IRAQ
- U.S. Court of Appeals Affirms Dismissal of Lower Court Case Against Venezuelan Government Officials and Businessmen Accused of Violating U.S. RICO Statues
- DIAZ REUS & TARG GLOBAL MANAGING PARTNER MICHAEL DIAZ, JR. NAMED 100 LATINOS IN MIAMI
- DIAZ REUS SELECTED MOST EFFECTIVE LAWYERS, INTERNATIONAL LAW CATEGORY BY THE DAILY BUSINESS REVIEW
- Complying with Brazil’s Consumer Protection Code
- What Banks Should Be Doing To Protect Themselves From Fraudsters Stealing From Unsuspecting Inverstors
- WSRadio.com Interviews Michael Diaz Jr. | Emerging Markets for U.S. Businesses
- Mergers and Acquisitions Compliance in Brazil: An Overview
- Foreign Investor Visas in Brazil: Making The Right Decision
- The Top 5 Corporate Compliance Issues Facing Brazil
- Making Banks Pay for Madoff’s Fraud
- Cisneros family member Milagros Cisneros Fajardo agrees to pay $9.25 million to end suit
- The Black Gold Rush
- Asset Hunting and Anti-Money Laundering: Justice on the Trail of Tears
- Fraud Victims 'Breaking The Bank'
- Whistle-Blowers, Dodd-Frank and the FCPA: The Perfect 'Anti-Competative' Storm for U.S. Businesses
- Dodd‐Frank and the FCPA: The Truth and Consequences
- New Sentencing Guidelines Amendments Amplify the Importance of an Effective Compliance Program
- Fugitive Fails to Charge Venezuela in New York Court
- Michael Diaz Jr. Selected as a Top 30 Foreign Lawyer in Latin America By Latin Business Chronicle
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP Successfully Blunts Criminal Sentence For Taiwanese Businessman’s OFAC Violation
- BP Under Investigation
- Perspectives: RICO Cases Can Be Double-Edge Swords
- Asian And Middle Eastern Business Ethics Hit Latin America
- Overturn of Montesinos award "almighty blow"
- Federal panel blocks reward in Peru spy capture
- ProMexico Names Diaz Reus as Legal Representative at the World Expo in Shanghai
- ProMexico Names Diaz Reus as Legal Representative at the World Expo in Shanghai, China
- Michael Diaz Jr - JD Supra Contributor In Profile
- U.S. Judge freezes Argentina assets
- Buenos Aires Loves NYC Judge Rescuing Argentines (Update 1)
- Class-action plaintiffs won’t rush to Argentine debt swap
- U.S. JUDGE GRANTS RESTRAINING ORDER ON ARGENTINE GOVERNMENT ASSETS IN $2.43 BILLION CLASS-ACTION BONDHOLDERS CASE
- Dubai: A High Rise, Then a Steep Fall
- "Fraud victims may benefit from UBS' disclosure"
- Global crisis has spanked the Caribbean and the bad news just keeps coming.
- "Lawyer Michael Diaz, Jr., Says Financial Fraud Victims May Benefit From Swiss Bank's Disclosures"
- "Big Game Asset Hunters"
- "Cazadores de presas mayores en activos"
- Federal lawsuit claims fraud in Dominican deals
- The 2009 Power Players by Business Leader, South Florida Edition
- "Middle-East and Latin America Business Trade and Investment Opportunities"
- How Can Caribbean Countries Strengthen Financial Regulations? - Featured Q&A - Board Comment: Michael Diaz, Jr, Managing Partner, Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP.
- World City - The 2009 Who's Here Multinational Economic Impact Study - Diaz Reus' Managing Partner, Michael Diaz, Jr. - Sponsor
- Middle Eastern Investors Should Be Wary of FCPA
- "Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner of Diaz Reus, Speaks on Mideast/Latin America Investment Opportunities and Legal Risks."
- How will Santander's Madoff Connection Affect it's Business? Featured Q & A - Guest Comments, Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner, Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP.
- Invitado del mes - Michael Díaz, Jr.: Sobresaliente en talento y tenacidad
- Weston man awarded $8.2M in Peru spy case
- "Litigante tenaz", Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner, Diaz Reus
- "Spy vs, Spy and the U.S. courts"
- Jueza de los EE niega la ultima defensa del gobierno peruano en el caso de la recompensa de $5 millones
- Peru Informant Reward Case Sets Precedent in Post-9/11 Era
- U.S. Judge Denies Peruvian Government's Last Defense in $5 Million Reward Case
- Peru must pay reward in bounty case
- Floridians Who Will Change the World
- US Supreme Court Refuses Costa Rican Case
- Pushing the boundaries of international law
- Peru loses motion to dismiss bounty case in US courts
- International anti-suit injunctions, by Michael Diaz, Jr. and Carlos F. Gonzalez
- "Bufete Mundial" - Diaz Reus
- "Como Hacer Negocios sin Sorpresas", Carlos F. Gonzalez, Partner, Diaz Reus
- Michael Diaz, Jr. Interviewed by China Business Times
- Costa Rican case stopped in Canon dispute
- Protección a inversionistas
- Juicio Canon-Lantech deberá litigarse en Estados Unidos
- Protectionist statutes can lead to tricky business with Latin America
- Diaz Reus' Managing Partner, Michael Diaz, Jr. Speaks at Shanghai Conference on Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
- Judge Decides Lawsuit's Location
- Promise Land
- Florida Court halts case in Costa Rica
- Promesa es Deuda
- Businesses, state seek solutions following Florida TaxWatch report
- Attorney Michael Diaz Jr. Honored at Hispanic Target Event
- Three Diaz Reus' Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers for 2007, 2008, 2009.
- "Hombre de Ley", Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner, Diaz Reus
- "Los Bancos No Pueden Ser Policías", Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner, Diaz Reus.
- An International Law Firm; A Global Approach
- Un Bufete Internacional; Un Enfoque Global
- El Periódico
- El Periódico
- Portada de Hispanic Target, Espectacular Entrega de Galardones en Miami
- 12TH ANNUAL FIBA ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING COMPLIANCE CONFERENCE
- Diaz Reus Sponsors LatinFinance The Latin America India Investors Forum, Trident Hotel, Munbai, India, November 17-18, 2011
- Diaz Reus Diamond Sponsors at the Inaugural ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorism Financing Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa, Nov. 2-4, 2011.
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP, Diamond Sponsors, ACAMS 10th Annual International Anti-Money Laundering Conference, September 19-21, 2011, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Michael Diaz, Jr. Outlines Trends in International Commercial Law at Recent Legal Seminar in Havana, Cuba
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP Sponsors: "Transacting Business in Brazil and the US". Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida Breakfast, Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami, Tuttle Room.
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP Panelist at the FIBA 2011 AML Conference "How to Integrate Fraud and AML to Protect the Bank"
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP Patrocinadores Diamante, 4ta Conferencia Anual Latinoamericana sobre Lavado de Dinero de ACAMS, 17-19 de noviembre del 2010, Camino Real Polanco Mexico, Mexico D.F.
- Platinum Sponsors, Diaz, Reus & Targ, Present the ACCA's 2010 South Florida In-House Counsel CLE Conference; Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, September 23, 2010
- Join Michael Diaz, Jr. at WorlCity's Global Connections: Colombia Post-Uribe: Predicting the Impact on Business; Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, June 25, 2010, 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP Platinum Sponsors, Marcus Evans Conference; Prevencion y Mitigacion del Fraude en la Empresa. Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers, Cuidad de Mexico, 4-5 Marzo, 2010
- Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP, Platinum Sponsors at the 10th Annual FIBA Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Conference, February 18 & 19, 2010, Intercontinental Hotel, Miami, FL.
- Managing Partner Michael Diaz, Jr. and Partner Carlos F. Gonzalez, will speak on Financial Fraud, AML, and Terrorist Financing. Partner Robert I. Targ, Moderator,“Law Enforcement and AML.” 10th Annual FIBA Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Conference.
- Michael Diaz, Jr., Managing Partner, Diaz Reus - Guest Speaker at the World City 2009 4th Annual Multinational "Who's Here" Celebration
- Diaz Reus & Targ, LLP, Partners Michael Diaz, Jr. and Robert I. Targ discussed the role of bank counsel during criminal investigations and how financial institutions can protect themselves, at the 9th Annual FIBA AML Compliance Conference, Mia
- Diaz Reus & Targ, LLP, Platinum Sponsor of the Florida International Bankers Association, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Conference, February 19th & 20th, 2009
- Diaz Reus' Managing Partner, Michael Diaz, Jr., Speaker at the Latin Finance Conference, The Latin-American Mid-East Investors Forum in Dubai, UAE regarding the legal risks of doing business in Latin American for UAE investors
- Michael Diaz, Jr., Carlos F. Gonzalez and Gary E. Davidson of Diaz Reus presented Mock Arbitration as Lead Sponsors at the "Lexis Nexis Third Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Resolution", Beijing, China - October 13 & 14, 2008
- Michael Diaz, Jr. and Carlos F. Gonzalez speakers at the Middle East Conference in Singapore on "How to do Business in the UAE."
- Diaz Reus' Managing Partner, Michael Diaz, Jr., speaks at ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering Conference in Dubai. "Best practices: during government investigations."
- Diaz Reus Managing Partner, Michael Diaz, Jr. Speaks at Shanghai Second Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Resolution
- Diaz Reus Sponsor American Chamber of Commerce Event in Hong Kong
- Fifth Annual Latin-American Money Laundering Conference San Jose, Costa Rica, Michael Diaz, Jr. Speaker "Public Corruption and PEP's Investigations" - Money laundering Alert, Inc.
- Money Laundering Prevention, Bogota, Columbia - Michael Diaz, Jr., Guest Instructor
- The American Judges Association (AJA), Montreal, Canada - 2003 Annual Educational Conference - Michael Diaz, Jr. speaker.